Man, this stuff angrifies my blood mightily. We were sold the idea of “shelter-in-place” in order to “flatten the curve”. This would avoid overloading the medical system, as shown below. Fair enough.
And like a fool, I assumed that when the curve was flattened, we could get back to work.
But noooo … I just got the latest Order of the Sonoma County Health Officer. The shelter-in-place is extended until the following conditions are met to the satisfaction of some County bureaucrat somewhere. The conditions are that before we are free to continue with our lives, Sonoma County must have the following abilities.
• The ability to monitor and protect our communities through aggressive testing, contact tracing, isolating, and supporting those who are positive or exposed;
• The ability to prevent infection in people who are at risk for more severe COVID-19;
• The ability to reduce infection spread so that it is decreasing in the community;
• The ability of the hospital and health systems to have sufficient bed and ICU capacity to handle surges;
• The ability to develop therapeutics to meet the demand;
• The ability to obtain sufficient personal protective equipment (PPE) for hospitals and health system to handle surges;
• The ability for businesses, schools, and child care facilities to support physical distancing; and
• The ability to determine when to reinstitute certain measures, such as the stay-at-home orders, if necessary.
Say what? The pluted bloatocrats of the Sonoma County Government will have to possess all those abilities before they will deign to return our freedom? Some of those are not even possible!
Plus in the last clause, they say they won’t let us go until they can figure out just how and when they can re-imprison us. The mind boggles.
Not only that, but our Sonoma County officials have trouble patching the potholes … no way they’ll EVER have all of the “abilities” listed above.
I’m sorry, but this is simply not legal. These are mere county officials—who made them kings and queens to decide our fate and rule every aspect of our lives?
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention the so-called emergency. These pinche tiranos claim that their power comes from the corona “emergency”. Sonoma County is home to just under half a million people (494,000). We have had exactly two deaths from coronavirus.
What kind of a low-budget emergency is that?
Grrrr … seems like its time we stopped listening to these tiranitos repinchitos and just declared the US open for business. Look, we can slow the virus without killing the economy. Protect the most vulnerable, quarantine the sick rather than the healthy, wash your hands (particularly after handling pangolins), wear masks, in social situations stay six feet (2 m) away from bats, and let’s move forward no matter what our self-proclaimed overlords have to say about the matter.
My best to everyone, end the American Lockdown in whole and in part, and most particularly … stay well.